DriveWorks Live Examples – A Single-Form Project
This demo is great in showing how clever and logical form design can ensure a large quantity of information can be included in a single-from project, without looking overcrowded or complicated.
This staircase project includes: customer contact information, design and configuration tools and sales contact information on just the one form, giving the ability to configure different staircases and supply sales and manufacturing documents in a matter of minutes.
Here are the few simple steps I took when running through the project:
1. Visit the www.driveworkslive.com demo site.
2. Click on the ‘Fixed width example’ square.
3. The password and username – Guest and Guest.
4. Choose the Fire Escape project.
5. You can select an exisiting company from the drop down list – the company details, contact and currency will automatically appear. Alternatively, you can create a new company.
6. Then, configure your staircase, choosing: the height and pillar to pillar distance, the number of floors and the step width.
7. Then just enter your details – and when all the blue warning triangles have disappeared – the form is complete and you can click submit.
8. You will then receive all essential sales and marketing documents by email to complete the order.
This project demonstrates how, once set-up by an engineer that understands the technicalities and rules behind the project, anyone can configure a staircase to their exact specifications on one, very user-friendly form.
Feedback from a staircase company using DriveWorks:
“The use of SolidWorks/DriveWorks practically eliminates the “repetitive” design elements allowing their engineers to focus on the 20% “job-specific” elements and whilst also freeing up time to dedicate to those more creative “one off” feature staircases.”